Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Guppy's Teahouse, Cerritos, CA

On a personal level, I dislike going to Guppy Teahouse. I just think the restaurants are run by immature kids that don't know how to handle customer service that well -- but, I will not let it affect my judgment.

Gyoza



8 Pieces of Pan-Fried Dumplings

Judgment: The dumplings came out at warm temperature, not scalding or even hot. I wish it was, because that is usually how I like to enjoy them. The skin was slightly crispy in areas while other parts of the dumpling were mushy. The thing that got to me the most about this dumpling was the filling. On my first bite, all the way to the last dumpling, there was this distinct taste to it that there was something wrong with the dumpling. I felt maybe it was undercooked, which was causing that strange taste to appear. 2 / 10

Chicken Egg-roll Salad



Spring Mix Salad with Sliced pickled cucumbers, whole kernel corn, Kiwi slice, strawberry half and mango cube. Topped with Chicken Eggrolls.

Judgment: The spring-mix salad was just typical everyday costco salad that anyone with membership can go in and buy in bulk. The dressing tasted like a sweetened thousand-island and the cucumbers were slightly sour. Their eggrolls look like they are normal egg rolls but they have been fried, battered and fried again. Almost a double-skin goodness. 7 / 10

Conclusion: That's my unbiased opinion of Guppy Teahouse, there are MANY regular things that happen there that I would comment about and generally form a biased opinion. However, that's not what I'm here to discuss. The gyoza was simply odd and disgusting. My co-workers that went with me noticed there was an odd taste to it as well. The salad was just "ok".

The restaurant gets a C-Rank.

No comments: