Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Fleming's Steakhouse, Los Angeles, CA

While driving to Los Angeles Convention Center during Anime Expo weekend, I managed to spot a Fleming's Steakhouse on the way to my hotel. Coincidentally, I had wanted to try this place after hearing about it a few times. Man, it was difficult to find people to go with me but luckily my drinking buddy Marc was available and down to eat some good steak.

Starter: Bread with Cheese Spreads



Rosemary Italian Baguette with Feta Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Spreads

Judgment: The bread was freshly baked and fragrant thanks to all the herbs in it. The crust was slightly crispy and the flesh of the bread itself was elastic but yielding as well. The Feta Cheese spread was my preferred choice as I did not even reach for the Sun-Dried Tomato one after tasting the first one. I finished about half the loaf before I decided I should definitely stop before I ruin my appetite for my steak. 9 / 10

Main Course: Bone-in Ribeye Steak



Bone-in Prime Ribeye Steak

Judgment: The steak was cooked to a perfect Medium Rare like I requested. No arguments with the chef here. It was succulent, flavorful and served on a hot plate. The meat has a excellent aged-beef flavor while the seasoning complimented it very well. 10 / 10

Side Dish: Creamed Spinach



Spinach with Creme and Parmesan Cheeses

Judgment: This side reminded me of the one at Lawry's steakhouse. It was rich and very creamy but due to this fact, it does not compliment every entreƩ. Marc was saying it did not pair well with his filet but it did go well with my Ribeye. I think if I had ordered the Sauteed Spinach instead of the creamed one, it would've paired better for Marc. 9 / 10

Side Dish: Creamed Corn



Creamy Sweet Corn with a light bed of Jalapeno Cheese with Jalapeno garnish

Judgment: This was AMAZING. The corn was sweet and mildly flavored, but when you ate it with the cheese, POW! You definitely get a bit of the heat from the Jalapenos and it really brings out the taste. Marc and I both agreed that this was an excellent choice for side dishes. 10 / 10

Conclusion: Fleming's Steakhouse is an excellent place to have a well prepared steak if you've been to places like Mastro's, Morton's or Lawry's, this is definitely worth a visit as well. The restaurant also features 100 different kinds of wine so they definitely have a selection that should suit your tastes. The parking at LA Live can be kind of pricey but there should be some $5 lots near the location that you can leave your car at.

This restaurant gets an S-Rank.

1 comment:

Mikan said...

you know i don't think i've ever been there, but i always pass it. next adventure? :D