Tuesday, February 08, 2011

OC Food Truck Meet, Garden Grove, CA

BaconMania

Bacon Ball Trio & Piggy Back

The Bacon Ball Trio - 3 Bacon balls -- 1 filled with Mac and Cheese, 1 filled with Filet Mignon and Bleu Cheese and 1 filled with Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
Among the 3 different flavors, the Peanut Butter and Jelly one stands out the most as the most delicious. It is similar to a Monte Cristo Sandwich where you get Savory flavors combined with Sweet flavors. Personally I would've preferred to just have 3 of those than the other varieties. The Mac and Cheese filled one would come in second in terms of flavors and taste. Unfortunately the Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon does not go well with Bleu Cheese, unless you are one of those people who loves bleu cheese, you may not enjoy this one as much.

The Piggy back - Pulled Pork Slider with Bacon and specialty bacon sauce.
All in all, your typical pulled pork slider. I enjoyed this one a bit but was overcome with the feeling I wanted something to wash it all down with a soda or something. Personally, like I mentioned earlier, stick with the peanut butter and jelly sandwich wrapped with bacon. It was the most enjoyable thing I had from this truck.

Price: 4/5
Wait Time: 1/5 (My friend and I nearly waited 90 minutes to get our food from our time of order. I guess it's good that the food is prepared to order, but that took way too long)
Presentation: 4/5
Taste: 4/5

Dogzilla

Furikake Dog

Spicy Hot Dog covered with Seaweed, Japanese style Mayonnaise, furikake seasonings, grilled onions on a bed of Hawaiian sweet rolls
This was definitely something amazing. I had heard all the hype about Dogzilla's hot dogs and they definitely do meet your expectations. I actually had recently had the opportunity to finally sample all the hot dogs they provide, but I will focus on this one. The slightly spicy taste of the hot dog combined with the sweetness of the japanese style mayo is a good combination and it is further unified with the savory and salty flavors of the Furikake seasonings and the grilled onions. If I could I would try to eat 3 of them but that wouldn't leave me much stomach room to try anything else at these events. I am definitely a fan of Dogzilla's Hot Dogs.

Price: 5/5
Wait Time: 4/5 (When there's nobody in line, the food comes out really fast, but this was a special event and the line was up to 2 hours long for some people.)
Presentation: 5/5
Taste: 5/5

No comments: