Monday, May 03, 2010

The Stinking Rose, Beverly Hills, CA

The Stinking Rose had been a restaurant that I had wanted to try for a long time, but never found the time to. Lucky for me, I was able to go with Kchan, Kyosuke, Mikan and Mio! Definitely good company to have a delicious dinner with.

Dinner Rolls



Italian Cheese Dinner Rolls and Garlic & Herb Rolls

Judgment: The rolls were fresh baked and very soft. It has a nice pillow-like feel to it and the flavor was heavenly. I had enjoyed this with our appetizer, the Bagna Calda. 8 / 10

Bagna Calda (Garlic Soaking in a Hot Tub)



The Dinner Roll with the Banga Calda - Whole Garlic Cloves baked in Olive Oil with a hint of anchovy

Judgment: The garlic was cooked to the point that it literally spreads like butter on bread. This was the finishing touch to make the bread one of the best forms of garlic bread I've ever tasted. It also went well with my dinner entree mainly because I love garlic. 10 / 10

Garlic Roasted Prime Rib



Garlic Roasted Prime Rib with Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes and Creamed Spinach. Accompanied with Au Jous and Horseradish



Garlic Roasted Prime Rib 13 oz.

Judgment: The Prime Rib was cooked Perfectly. Mio commented that it was well marbled and I have to agree. The crust had a good amount of seasoning and it was not overly seasoned at all. I was afraid that the garlic would be too overpowering but I think it was subtle enough to be just a good hint. The one thing I didn't like about the Prime Rib was those roasted pieces of garlic. If it had been the same garlic as the appetizer, it would have been perfect. 9 / 10

The side dishes were another story. The Creamed spinach was actually really tasty and I actually enjoyed it a lot. However, the Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes were kind of average for me. I was hoping to have a good creamy garlic potato experience but it lacked the garlic and cream kick. 7 / 10

Gilroy's Famous Garlic Ice Cream



Garlic Ice Cream with Mole Sauce

Judgment: The ice cream was rich creamy, and had the distinct after taste of garlic that lingers on your tongue long after you had already licked your mouth clean. It is a bit overwhelming to top off a meal that is already heavily covered with garlic but in the end, this is one of those things that is made for people that really love garlic. I thought it was pretty good, but the garlic is overpowering. Mikan said she didn't taste much of it. I wonder.... 7 / 10

Conclusion: This place is not for super low cars like mine. I had the wonderful experience of scraping going in and out of the parking lot. They have a valet service for $4.50 and of course being VIP I opted for it. The restaurant is located in a busy street of Beverly Hills and is surrounded by some notable famous restaurants as well. Such as Fogo De Chao and Lawry's.

This Restaurant gets an A.

No comments: